Pelvic Floor Therapy
Pelvic pain is no joke. The pelvic area is an important part of the body that serves many purposes, especially for women. Pelvic pain can happen at different points throughout your menstrual cycle, during pregnancy, after giving birth, and even as a result of an underlying condition. Some pelvic conditions may also result in painful intercourse or infertility issues. Dealing with pelvic pain alone can be very confusing and scary, but luckily, it can be addressed and possibly fixed through pelvic floor therapy at Jeevam Therapy in Edison, NJ. Some of the most common pelvic conditions that our physical therapists treat include those of prostatectomy patients, postpartum pelvic pain, pain following abdominal surgery, dyspareunia, and endometriosis.
If you or a loved one are struggling with pelvic pain, you may benefit from pelvic floor therapy. Contact our clinic in Edison, NJ today for more information!
What Does Pelvic Floor Therapy Focus On?
Pelvic floor therapy focuses on strengthening the ligaments, tendons, and muscles of the pelvic floor. When muscles in the pelvic area become tight or weak, your daily life can be negatively impacted, because this region helps in supporting the core of your body and is a key part of everyday movement.
One of our licensed Edison, NJ therapists will take a look at your medical history, and conduct a thorough examination to decide what type of treatment you’ll need. This may include stretches, ultrasound therapy, manual therapy, and at home exercises to reduce pain and strengthen or loosen your pelvic muscles, depending on your condition.
Some common pelvic conditions that Jeevam Therapy can treat are as follows:
- Overactive bladder muscles
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Bloating and abdominal pressure
- Tight pelvic floor muscles
- Damaged bladder nerves (caused by diseases such as diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson’s)
- Damaged pelvic floor nerves (caused by childbirth, injury, or surgery)
- Difficulty getting to the bathroom in time, due to conditions such as arthritis
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Blockage from an enlarged prostate
Treatment Methods for Pelvic Pain
Depending on your pain levels and specific condition, there are several different types of treatment methods your Jeevam Therapy pelvic floor therapist may use to relieve pelvic pain.
Here are some examples of methods your pelvic floor specialist may use:
- Ultrasound therapy
- Increasing endurance of the core, strength, and stability in hip muscles and pelvic floor
- The use of biofeedback for pelvic floor training
- Performing strengthening exercises
- Improving posture/positions
- Participating in an exercising/mobility program.
- Relaxation techniques
- Diaphragmatic breathing exercises
How Can I Get Started?
Pelvic floor rehabilitation is important, and can benefit people from all walks of life. Here at Jeevam Therapy, we want you to be able to live your life comfortably. If you are suffering from pelvic pain, don’t wait any longer to contact our Edison, NJ clinic. Contact us today to find relief!